[Magdalen] pluto pix

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 15:08:26 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/17/2015 10:58:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

This  once-wannabe astronomer has been glued to the news for that and
marveling  at the pictures. I never would have dreamed, as a 9-year-old
scanning the  heavens, that I would see these pictures in my  lifetime.>>>>

My father (1880 - 1958) was fascinated by what was known about the
universe in his day.  I often wonder what he would think of all of  this
exploration and the resultant pushing of the borders of our  knowledge.
He was gone, sadly, before any of the Hubble Telescope pictures,
moon landings and all.

David Strang - Remembering being awed by a tour of Yerkes Observatory
at Williams Bay, Wisconsin back in the day.