[Magdalen] Help! Lost object

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:08:17 UTC 2015

Mine is raised!
 I've never had much valuable jewelry, but I did have an emerald ring of my grandmother's that I knew was valuable, so when we were going to Europe for three weeks, I wanted to hide it. Put it in a box of Band-aids and back in the cabinet, figuring no thief was going to look there. Promptly forgot all about it.
Fast forward many months. I was out in the backyard watching the kids playing in the sandbox when I noticed something on my 4-year-old  daughter's finger. Sure enough...it was the emerald! I asked her where she had gotten it. "Oh," she said, "I went to get a band-aid, and this was in the box!"  Years later, I gave it to her, and she had it appraised--it  came in at $12,000!!
Could have paid for most of seminary with that...

Jay, I'm sure you've checked every nook and cranny you can think of. What about pocketbooks? Tote bags? Inside the lining of a jacket pocket? Could one of the cats have knocked it off a table and under a piece of furniture? Did you ever have it with you at a craft show or at the gallery? Under a seat in the car?

I'll storm St. Anthony for you, along with the rest of the Pub; we'll wear him out with our asking...  Seriously, I know this is enormously stressful for you, and I hope you find it soon.
Grace