[Magdalen] the can

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 01:44:29 UTC 2015

A couple of years ago, students at Connecticut College identified a
problem: other students went into the lavatory and failed to turn off the
lights when they left. The students came up with a very simple solution.
They put up a series of stickers in stretegic locations with the message:

"LONELY TOILETS DON'T NEED LIGHT."

This so moved staff members of Amherst Early Music (we have the big
two-week workshop at CC every summer) that they wrote a song, The Lonely
Toilet Waltz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxVEP9qz20

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford