[Magdalen] Update

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 23:29:50 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/25/2015 6:19:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

lot  better than
the rubbing paws in  butter>>>>>>>

Though my partner has three cats, they keep to the lower level of the
house, and do not intermix with the four dogs.  The smallest of the  four
dogs - a small Chihuahua - considers cats fit for the hunt and goes  after
them if they stray onto the main level.  The dog is smaller than the  cats.

There were three items that were simply not on the radar of my
Upper Midwest upbringing.  They were (1) Cats;  no one in my  neighborhood,
and no relatives had them.  It was as though they were aliens from  another
planet.  Everyone had dogs, dogs, and more dogs.  (2) Tea;   I was never
aware in my hometown of anyone who drank hot tea.  Iced tea was  more
commonly found.  I can recall someone at one of my mother's state  Sunday
dinners asking for hot tea.  My mother, not given to mumbling,  sputtered,
"Uh uh
TEA, uh uh uh TEA?!  (3) Rice;  You can bet that if the product  didn't
ultimately
come from a Midwestern farm, that it was viewed with suspicion.  Rice
Crispies?
Yes.  Rice on the occasional visits to my mother's favorite Chinese
restaurant
in Minneapolis?  Yes.  Rice for anything else?  No.

David S.  Still a Midwestern meat and potatoes man.