[Magdalen] Update

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 26 00:38:17 UTC 2015

AFter all that European experience?

I always forget that the Polish Kartofli are borrowed from Germany.
I was always the culinary rebel from my youth. I was the only person in my
family to eat snails at the Parisian restaurant Fr. Marcellus took us to in
1957. He was the quintessential omnivore and continentaal. He rejoiced
greatly when I snarfed up the  escargots bourguignonmes (and they remain my
favorite preparation of snails to this day.) He was supposedly the first
Carmelite to return to France on an official basis since the Revolution
--about the same time as the premiere of Dialogues des Carmelites.  I
imagine he was more comfortable with Bernanos than Poulenc (g)
I took my confirmation name after him changing it from my original Remigius
( always the Francophile--being French , now I could have taken Remi or
Marcel and that would have been considered "less" weird but no. I have
loved Music Man every since (one of the minor characters is Marcellus)

then that was just before I heard the Missa Papae Marcelli for the first
time which would have confirmed the choide.

Joe