[Magdalen] FW: Townsville Australia clergy needed!! NOW

Suzie Buchanan buchanan.suzie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:37:42 UTC 2015

This is my parishioner Jennifer's account of her mother's accident.  Her
mother is 71:
"Mom and Dad (experienced careful scuba divers) were vacationing on the
Great Barrier Reef. Mom signaled to Dad that she was out of air and he used
his extra respirator to get them to the surface quickly. We don't know why
she was out of air - either malfunctioning equipment or something happened
to her. When they reached the surface, she was unconscious and CPR was done
- breaking some ribs. She regained breathing and was airlifted to the
nearest hospital - quite some distance away - it took Dad 12 hours to get
there. She has been in the Hyperbaric chamber twice to ensure that there
are no ill effects from the rapid ascent. She has not fully awoken - she is
heavily sedated, but is responsive. She has a breathing tube and is on 100%
oxygen and is stable. The hospital expects that the tube will be taken out
in a day or so. I will be heading out to be with her as soon as I can get
there.

We are worried about brain damage but won't know anything until she fully
wakes. We are grateful that she is stable and appreciate the thoughts and
prayers on her behalf."

So, on behalf of Jennifer, I thank you all for your prayers.  Please keep
them coming - for Marilyn, and for her husband Joe, and for the rest of the
family.

blessings
suzie

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Catharine Phillips <revcphillips at gmail.com