[Magdalen] Frivolous question

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 03:55:14 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/25/2015 8:50:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I always  think of this ballad, for some reason, in connection with the
assassination  of Bobby Kennedy.>>>>>

We all knew where we were when we heard of JFK's assassination
(UM-Minneapolis Coffee Shop for me), but what about Bobby Kennedy's
assassination?

I was driving the family of four plus my mother in a VW Squareback
up Danish Jutland, and we pulled off the highway for a comfort break.
My mother struck up a conversation with the storekeeper, she in her
"country bumpkin" Norwegian, and the storekeeper in Jutlandish  Danish..
Mother got back in the VW and said the storekeeper kept talking  about,
she thought, the JFK assassination which at this point would have
been a bit odd some 4 years later.  We then searched for an  English
language radio broadcast, and learned the awful truth.

We had trouble believing the news.

David S.