[Magdalen] Creeping UK-ism?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:19:54 UTC 2015

Hereabouts hearing that someone is "in the hospital" would
be followed wth the question "which hospital?"

We would say s/he's at Mass General, at The Brigham, at B.I.,
at Tufts, at The Baptist, at City (Boston Medical Center), etc.
Quincy, Carney, St. Margaret's, The Deaconness  (all of happy
memory), or St. E's (Elizabeth), South Shore, Jordan, Cambridge,
or Mount Auburn. A gazillion hospitals.

Hope you are all watching Save My Life on ABC. So strange to
see people I actually know on tv and not teleconference. LOLd
when I saw one old buddy back out of camera range when
he realized he was walking into the shot.
-M