[Magdalen] Sharing the JOY!

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 06:28:16 UTC 2015

For the folks who get them, I'm sure it's a very nice feeling of
continuity. I was just thinking (1) never ever even heard of such a thing.
Nobody ever brought it up in my travels, and (2) the conversation seemed to
indicate that a person was not accepted into the parish if they didn't have
this letter, which just didn't seem plausible to me, since so many people
come from unorthodox (or non-existent) prior churches.  I certainly wasn't
objecting to it, just astounded that a bishop can prevent a person from
joining a parish without the proper paperwork.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford