[Magdalen] BSA

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:11:04 UTC 2015

I would certainly have been relieved to have been away from boys in junior
high (grades 7-9, in my case) and I believe I personally would have
benefited from being in an all-girls environment in high school. I know the
single-sex environment isn't for all kids, but in my case I think it would
have boosted my self-confidence greatly as well as being academically
beneficial and a whole lot less distracting. I had a friend who went to an
all-girls Catholic high school in Milwaukee and I used to envy her being
away from the rowdies and a lot of the social pressures that went with a
big urban high school in the late 1950s-early 1960s.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com