[Magdalen] Community Supported Agriculture

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:01:56 UTC 2015

Really sounds yummy!  Radishes are on the shopping list for tomorrow!

On July 29, 2015, at 9:57 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

​SMASHED RADISH SALAD

3 bunches red radishes​
1 teaspoon salt
1 green pepper
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

Wash and trim radishes. Lay each one on its side and crush lightly by
pounding decisively once or twice with the flat side of a heavy knife or
the bottom of a heavy glass. They should split open, but not break apart.

Sprinkle lightly with the salt and let stand for 10 minutes, then drain and
transfer to a a bowl.

Meanwhile, cut the green pepper in half, discard stem and seeds, and cut in
slivers. Add to radishes.

Combine soy sauce, white vinegar, and sugar, blending well. Pour over
vegetables, tossing to coat well.

Refrigerate, covered, only to chill (about 20 minutes). Sprinkle with the
sesame oil, toss again, and serve.