[Magdalen] Community Supported Agriculture

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:56:49 UTC 2015

Depends. I can use either since I still have my pre-metrification cooking utensils, as well as <sigh> too many shiny impulse-buy new metric ones. Most often, though, I just take a handful of this and a couple of spoonfuls of that, unless it's something like a cake that needs careful measurement. Funnily enough, I don't use but have often wondered whether to try the old recipe that says take twice the weight of the eggs in each of butter and sugar , and four times in flour. Makes a lot of sense, sort of. (Well, I hope I remembered straight  and didn't get the proportion wrong) It is a problem with online recipes, you sometimes have to take a punt on whether a metric or imperial cup is called for.
Regards
 Lesley  de Voil