[Magdalen] MS Windows users question...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 31 16:22:03 UTC 2015

On 31/07/2015 17:10, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> Is the window for downloading the fully supported free forever version
> of Windows 10 over?

No. it's open for a year

> And... anyone in the pub using Win 10 yet and what are your thoughts?

Like any new system it takes a little adjustment but I prefer it to 8.1
as it looks cleaner and I can get to and from applications more easily
now I don't have to go through that perishing start screen. They say
allow an hour for installing it but some of us (including me) have found
it takes longer.

If you have reserved a copy then it should download automatically in the
background ready for you to install at a convenient time.  The
installation. although it took significant time, does not generally
require your involvement once it's started so you can get on with
something else that doesn't require the compyter.

Roger