[Magdalen] MS Windows users question...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Jul 31 16:42:21 UTC 2015

If you regularly update Windows with the Service Packs and monthly  Security Updates, you should have an icon on your desktop that will do the installation for you.

If you haven’t kept up to date, you need to go to Windows Update and update everything, and the icon will appear. Of course, this may take awhile if you;vet been negligent with your updates <g>.

In any case, if you don’t have the icon, do a search of your machine for 'gwx.exe" (Get Windows X) and it should  load.

I wouldn’t update any other way.

Cheers,
Jim

PS – Sticking with Windows 7 as I have an expensive SCSI Slide Scanner which needs Windows no later than XP, and Win 7 has an XP mode add-on for such things. Of course, If I still had my XP disks, I could load VM software and then install XP natively, butthat seems like too much work <g>.