[Magdalen] She's leaving church

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 3 07:49:09 UTC 2015

On 03/06/2015 01:11, ME Michaud wrote:
> Um, actually, I pretty much do believe it. The timing's way off,
> of course, but you have to ask: what *is* a single day in God's
> time?
>
> Our days are defined quite parochially (sunrise/sunset, a single
> revolution of a small but lovely planet). God's day might be a
> revolution of the milky way. Or something else.

Going a step further our very concept of time is inextricably linked to
a succession of events in the physical universe.  Since God is not
constrained by this universe it follows that "time" is an inappropriate
concept to use in connection with the divine.  "A thousand ages in thy
sight are like an evening gone".

Even within the physical universe we can see light from starts that set
off on its journey to us a very long time ago.  We simply cannot tell
what the current state of those stars is "now".  Even the sunlight
streaming through my window left the sun over 8 minutes ago.

Roger