[Magdalen] She's leaving church

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:18:29 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

> She said many memorable things that day. This was one of them:
>
> Little children instinctively know the difference between fact and truth.
> -M

 At 84, I don't know the difference. So, I looked it up at Wikipedia.

"Truth is most often used to mean being in accord with fact or reality, or
fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal."

I understand the first part dealing with accord with fact or reality, but
the second part appears to me to be a tautology, i.e. truth is fidelity to
a truth.

--
Allan Carr