[Magdalen] She's leaving church

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:17:14 UTC 2015

​
On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Little children instinctively know the difference between fact and truth.
> -M

I'd say precisely the opposite. It's due to children's different take on
the world that we have the fairy tale versions of god to begin with, and it
is getting rid of that pov that is a stumbling block for many trying to
move from childhood into adulthood, and is driving them to non-belief.
 "They made up all this stuff about god; they're making the rest of it up
too!"

I hear from folks of all ages still trying to get out of that fairy tale
mode of thinking about god.

"If I thought god were like that, I wouldn't believe in It/Her/Him either,"
I say.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

​