[Magdalen] Christine Jorgensen

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:15:33 UTC 2015

And how does what was once referred to as hermaphrodite fit into this?
Because is seems as though many refer to themselves 'trans' or 'intersex'
these days too... and from reading in the news occasionally decisions to
'define' gender at birth with any kind of surgery is definitely on the way
out in most medical circles.

her·maph·ro·dite

/h?r'mafr?dit/

noun: hermaphrodite; plural noun: hermaphrodites
1. a person or animal having both male and female sex organs or other sexual
characteristics, either abnormally or (in the case of some organisms) as the
natural condition.
synonyms: androgyne, intersex, epicene; More
bisexual, gynandromorph

adjective: hermaphrodite
1. of or denoting a person, animal, or plant having both male and female sex
organs or other sexual characteristics.
"hermaphrodite creatures in classical sculpture"
synonyms: androgynous, intersex, hermaphroditic, hermaphroditical, epicene;
bisexual
"hermaphrodite creatures"

(and I still wonder about all the estrogen in our water and in 'plastics',
especially that which has lined the inside of cans for 40 years,  and if has
played into  any and all of these categories, including transsexual and
transvestite.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck