[Magdalen] Pentecost Blitzkrieg.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 01:11:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> OTOH, it is not possible not to be moved by such a grand display in  that
> incredible building.

It's impressive to see so many people enter and get into place in the
very long church in an orderly and graceful way. And impressive that
to get them all in requires a substantial organ improvisation
(although I think their organist plays in a sort of out-of-control
style; but I can't say he isn't enthusiastic!), followed by a
substantial chant by the choir in motion, and then the first stanza or
so of a hymn after another bit of improvisation.

Something fascinates me about the speaking style of the nun who often
reads the first reading. Unlike some of the others, she doesn't chant
the final "Wort des lebendigen Gottes" ("The Word of the living God").
But I like her accent, which I'm going to assume is local to the
region, unless of course she's from Bavaria or something.

Well, here's the Mass I love to re-watch from time to time. And will
do so again now!

http://www.domradio.de/video/pontifikalamt-am-30-sonntag-im-jahreskreis-0

--
Scott R. Knitter