[Magdalen] Pentecost Blitzkrieg.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 17:47:16 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/5/2015 1:40:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmmah at stoneledge.net writes:

Nor  not to be amused by the notion of the Cathedral Costumier calling up
the  local fabric shop and saying, "I need fifty bolts of red  material."

Mike >>>>

Well, there you have hit the current state of RCC vestments right on
the head.

Unfortunately, that fabric at the local shop is most likely to be  some
variety of polyester.  This is what happens when you have (IMHO)
that abomination, "concelebration," where there is the desire to have
all the co-celebrants dressed alike.

I'm much too old fashioned when it comes to vestments, but except for
holdout places like Ascension, Chicago, and S. Clement's Philadelphia,
one sees the old brocades less and less.

And yes, I know they can be very hot.  I've worn them during my years  as
a subdeacon at Solemn High Mass.

David Strang.