[Magdalen] Stained glass wasRe: York Remembered.

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Sat Jun 6 19:29:29 UTC 2015

Yes - I knew that the allegedly older glass was in Germany but could not
remember where. The experts say that ours is not quite so old, but
close. It delighted me a few years ago when a book on the stained glass
of England was published (English Stained Glass by Painton Cowen) Our
window features on the introductory page.
I love the report passed on to me that when the window went to be
conserved by the York Glaziers some years before I came to the parish,
the sight of it forced the rewriting of some claims of more prodigious
and famous churches about which church had the oldest glass. We trumped
their claims!

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name

Rector of Boylestone, Church Broughton, Dalbury, Longford, Long Lane, Sutton-on-the-Hill & Trusley

Diocese of Derby, England