[Magdalen] York Remembered.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:08:51 UTC 2015

Visiting Ireland, we went to churches my relatives would have attended, or
had been baptized or married in.
In one case, the church had been completely demolished and it graveyard
also eliminated.  In a walkway between two buildings, now fenced off, there
rest thousands of headstones.
We walked into an office next to approximately where we thought the church
should have been, not knowing at that time anything of the history, and a
secretary showed us sketches and paintings of the church, and was very
solicitous. She told the whole story of the decision to build modern office
buildings there.

We did have the privilege of visiting quite a few very ancient churches as
well. The one where my great grandmother was christened is still in use.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford