[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:20:39 UTC 2015

Well, I think I understand, Jim, but it just doesn't seem fair for the family to have to keep waiting for one delay after another when there's no uncertainty about guilt.
And I am assuming your comment about the "Tea Party set" wasn't directed at me.
I can't say I understand the whole plea system, except that it's designed to get the least possible penalty for the guilty party, which, course, is what she's paying the lawyers for. But why can't they go into the courtroom, provide whatever evidence they have, have a judge or jury declare her guilty, since that's not an issue, and then hammer out whatever deals they want without keeping the family on the string?
It would be different if they didn't know what happened or who the driver was, of course.

Good thing I'm not a lawyer. I could never defend someone I knew to be guilty...