[Magdalen] good news, bad news

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 7 11:16:34 UTC 2015

I'm kind of surprised at this list -- all the fixes on it (until the business
with the mower) would be required by law in New York State. Sale "as is" would
not be permitted if the buyer intended for him/her self intended to live there
or intended for any other person(s) to live there.

In any case, happy to hear things are working out for you.

Cheers,
Jim

From: Molly Wolf

The good news is that the exterminator got all the carpenter ants -- quite a
nasty infestation.  The bad news is that they will inevitably come back in the
fall.  This is going to be an ongoing battle.

The good news is that the previous owner has agreed to ante up for replacing all
the non-Code, uninspected, permit-free, and sometimes hazardous wiring he
installed, not having the slightest idea of what he was doing.  The bad news is
that the rewiring is taking forever and still isn't done.

The good news is that I've got the abatement company to come in and remove all
the asbestos-contaminated attic insulation in my old house.  The bad news is
that this is going to cost me $13K and is completely unnecessary.

The good news is that my tiny vegetable garden (assorted greens, Brussels
sprouts, tomatoes, and potatoes) is in.  The bad news is that the water supply
to the outside, for watering said plants, is bizarre and dysfunctional and will
have to be fixed. Plumbers $$$.