[Magdalen] Naturalization Ceremony

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:55:42 UTC 2015

I think they should all be required to pass the "stand-up" test too.

Marc also had a bit of citizenship advice.

"Will all of you please stand," he asked, then turning to one half of the
room (he was in a broad aisle down the center, he asked the one half of the
room to sit down, and pointed out that this represents the half of eligible
voters that actually register to vote.
He then split the room again in half by having the folks in back sit down.
He then pointed out that this small group was making the voting decisions
for everybody, and that, as good citizens, it was their job to make sure
they were registered and that they became informed and voted.

Good for him.

As I said, look for this guy in the future. He's not going to stay in
Dutchess County much longer....

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford