[Magdalen] currently reading

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 22:15:24 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Ann Markle <ann.markle at aya.yale.edu> wrote:
> Not to mention that canticles and psalms are also scripture. I like a
> "scripture-heavy" office, myself. It's a big part of our heritage.

I've heard and considered arguments before about how the Office should
be redone because it should be a time of praise and not be interrupted
by "Bible study." I contend that reading Scripture in the context of
praise and prayer is highly appropriate. Of course there should also
be times of focused study (beyond recitation) outside the Office. But
the BCP Office as we have it is highly successful at bringing a
complex monastic common-prayer discipline into the daily life of
Christians in a doable and efficacious way. Thank you, Cranmer et
alia.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA