[Magdalen] Shock in Situ.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 22:29:26 UTC 2015

On the same trip to my 40th class reunion, we also visited the house I
spent most of my growing-up years in. We started out just to take some
pictures of the outside when the occupant came out and asked us rather
suspiciously why we were doing so. When I explained that I'd grown up in
the house, he invited us in and gave us a tour and I told him some stories
about it. The front bedroom, which in our time stretched all the way across
the front of the house, had been subdivided and I was able to tell him that
the wall was not load-bearing, which delighted him as they were considering
tearing it out. He seemed to enjoy hearing stories of our childhood there,
as he and his wife were raising a couple of little girls who were just
slightly older than I was when we moved in.