[Magdalen] 50 - 50

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:49:37 UTC 2015

At one time while I was in college at UW-Madison, I dated a guy who was
American and a grad student in the Spanish department. He lived in an
apartment with 3 other guys--a Basque from Galicia, a fellow from Madrid,
and an Argentinean. They usually spoke Spanish among themselves, and trying
to sort through the accents would make your head hurt! My Spanish was a lot
better then than it is now, although I still understood more than I spoke,
and even so I missed more than half of what I heard because of the accents.