[Magdalen] Sons (and Daughters) of Norway.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Jun 11 19:48:59 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>boats, many of whom decamped back to the 'old country' during The Depression,
>then returned for the war effort.  I was under the impression that Brooklyn was
>also 'home' to many 'Newfies' as well.

It should be remembered that people went back and forth all the time -- during
labor strikes, during Depressions and Recessions or even to visit family. And
many of them were not naturalized (and never so) and there were no passports and
little paperwork otherwise.

Imagine if the "Good old days" crowd had to consider the Good Old Days in
today's battle over immigration?

Cheers,
Jim