[Magdalen] Sons (and Daughters) of Norway.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:47:41 UTC 2015

Ob Ang: the usual architectural form of a church in New England is
a barn, a big wooden rectangle with a ventilating cupola topped
with a weathervane. Sometimes the cupola is tall, a steeple,
sometimes not.  Country builders knew how to construct this
form, no problem.

Every once in awhile, in coastal communities, you see a church that
looks like an overturned boat. Instead of being peaked, the roof
supports are curved and, looking up, you see the boat form precisely
drawn. It's always a surprise and a delight. I'm remembering that
there's one in Everett, a working-class town on the Mystic and Malden
Rivers just northeast if here, but I could be wrong.
-M