[Magdalen] Sons (and Daughters) of Norway.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:03:37 UTC 2015

Just as a side note, when I was in my late teens/ early 20s, after the
opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway, one of the fun things about going to
Milwaukee was checking out the visiting merchant sailors. We girls pretty
universally agreed that the Scandinavian ones were the best looking, and we
all felt sorry for the little groups of Russian sailors with their
omnipresent forbidding gray "nannies" in civilian clothing (ill-fitting,
generally--as if that were the mark of a "proper" Commie!).