[Magdalen] Off to Vermont

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Jun 12 00:51:48 UTC 2015

We're off to Vermont -- we leave early tomorrow for NY,I have treatment at MSK,
and a Railway Historical Society meeting at Williamson Library in Grand Central
Terminal in the evening, then Amtrak to Rutland on Saturday, with train riding
and convention sessions the rest of the week, We're free on Sunday, but I;m told
there are no churches nearby where we'll be staying; likewise the following
Sunday which is a free day until our Amtrak train leaves at 5:05 PM

Accessibility considerations do not include getting back and forth from a
somewhat out-of-town convention hotel and, say, in town restaurants and the
like. Even the railroad-oriented groups wonder why some people who don’t drive
would even be interested in participating.

OTOH, another historical group will be meeting the weekend of September 12 in a
hotel across the street from me. But a third group where I'm a member is having
its annual convention in Cambridge Springs, PA -- that;s real challenge unless I
can hitch a ride.

In any case, back to NYC on Sunday night and then back to Scranton Monday the
22nd.

Cheers,
Jim

"The enemy isn’t liberalism;
the enemy isn’t conservatism.
The enemy, is baloney." - Lars Erik Nelson