[Magdalen] New music director at our cathedral...some here may know of him...

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 01:51:58 UTC 2015

Jeffrey agreed, on the basis of an email request from me and
recommendations of a couple of friends, to let Rory, then a 10-year-old
boy soprano from po-dunk Louisiana with no special choir training, "drop
in" on a few weeks of rehearsal with the St. Paul's K Street Boys Choir.
He welcomed him, again, the next year, and they last worked together at
an RSCM summer course. Seeing how training and encouraging young singers
could and should be done was a life-changing experience for Rory, and
his sister (who accompanied us), and me. We are forever grateful for his
generosity. It would have been easy for Jeffrey to decline as an
intrusion to an already-cohesive group.

Wishing him and Ascension all the best in their relationship, and with

Peace,
Jo