[Magdalen] New music director at our cathedral...some here may know of him...

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:36:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Knew him at St Paul's K Street years ago. I'll bet dollars to donuts your
> former beloved organist will be but a dim [and even unpleasant memory]
> within 6-months to a year. A great choice for your congregation, Scott!

I wholly agree with that last sentence! As for David, our former
beloved organist, he's always been and always will be golden in my
eyes: a faithful, humble, devoted professional who doesn't trumpet his
excellence but it just happens, consistently and wonderfully, and it
speaks for itself. He's done nothing to deserve anything but gratitude
and praise. He continues to serve at 8 o'clock Mass at least once a
month, and he played for a wedding I was subdeacon for, a couple of
Saturdays ago.

And I very much like Jeffrey already. Any organist (well, anyone) who
attends Evening Prayer when I'm officiant wins points with me upfront.
:) I've enjoyed the few conversations I've had with him so far. And as
far as music goes, he's one of the best anywhere.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA