[Magdalen] New music director at our cathedral...some here may know of him...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Jun 13 12:58:13 UTC 2015

Molly corrected:

Bethany, not Beverley.

Right --what's worse, I've made that mistake before. And I really couldn’t think
of her horse's name, BUT, YES, Maria POSTED TO THE LIST A FEW TIMES.

Some things she said in "Inclusive Language Liturgy" wars on
anglican at american.edu were really helpful to me in studying the matter, even as
the discussion veered off into the usual band of self-styled "traditionalists"
going bonkers because such a thing was under discussion in the first place.

But the notion of many pronouns in both the Bible and the BCP being male could
be traced to bad translations of gender-using languages. "English doesn't have
gender, it has sex, which is more interesting."

cHEERS,
Jim