[Magdalen] travel mercies and other news/

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 14 04:20:25 UTC 2015

My friends, the Shakers at Sabbath day Lake,  are doing a shapenote
workshop later this month. I wish I could go. I had read that these last
surviving active Shaker community was no longer accepting new members, but
this has changed.
I don't know what happened, but they put their requirements to join the
community on line. I have always felt attracted to them

(I don't make the cut, I am too old to become a novice...not that I wanted
to)They had some members leave, and I suspected they were enthusiasts like
me that really didn't have the vocation.   Mother Ann (the incarnation of
the Holy Spirit, according to their theology) must have intervened, and
who's to say it really wasn't the Holy Spirit. Slava Bogu

JOe