[Magdalen] Recycling

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:29:10 UTC 2015

Yes, ask at your hotel.

When we first went to Florida, I asked at the complex. They looked
at me as if I were completely insane. I remember flying home with
flattened cereal boxes in the bottom of my suitcase (which indicates
my commitment to recycling).

Over the years I learned they'd opened a county recycling center
(with signs posted: don't talk to the workers, who were all prisoners).
Loaded all the recycling into the car and drove it out there on my
way out of town.

As of last year, the complex had its own recycling dumpsters.

One other thing to consider: hereabouts public parks and train
stations and the like have recycling silos at the gates.

We also have gleaners, and on those rare occasions when
I have a returnable bottle or can and am unwilling to carry it,
I rinse it and prop it up on a park bench or on top of a trash
bin cover. The gleaners will snap it right up.
-M

 One thing I have noticed this trip has been a dearth of recycling