[Magdalen] Anglican Evangelicals.

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 18:31:47 UTC 2015

David

They are quite strong in the C of E - perhaps reflected that there are six
Evangelical C of E training colleges

Wycliffe, Oxford,
Ridley, Cambridge
St John's Nottingham
Cranmer Hall, Durham
Trinity Bristol and
Oak Hill

There are three Liberal training colleges

Westcott House Cambridge
Queen College in Birmingham and
Ripon College Cuddesdon

And two Anglo Catholic training colleges

Mirfield and
St Stephen's House in Oxford

It is reckoned that about 60% parish priest are evangelical in the C of E -
 though I can't give you cahper and verse for this.

Evangelical and Charismatic churches are quite strong in the C of E -
http://www.thinkinganglicans.org.uk/archives/002081.html

It is estimated that 40% of attendees at C of E churches go to an
evangelical church see
http://www.virtueonline.org/conservative-evangelicals-rise-church-england

<"No  definitive statistics exist on conservative evangelicals in the
Church of  England because official church forms do not exist about such things;
however,  Church statistician Peter Brierley says that 40% of Church of
England attendees  currently go to evangelical churches - up from 26% in  1989.">

Blessings
Martin
---