[Magdalen] Summerville Coach retires after 63 years

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:10:10 UTC 2015

Ginga, I heard the story of the Summerville football coach, retiring
after 63 years, on NPR as I drove home, this afternoon.

I'm sure this has been a passion of yours (not!), but, nevertheless, he
sounded like someone who has been part of major area life for quite a while.

He did say that he may attend future games, but in the stands, and vowed
to not interfere with his successor. Will they have an interim to help
with this adjustment? Will his successor be subject to the similar
complaints a new rector receives following a long incumbency?

Peace,
Jo