[Magdalen] Summerville Coach retires after 63 years

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:39:58 UTC 2015

Hey Jo.  Coach McKissick is a ledgend here and across the football world.
He won his 100th game during John's and my senior year at Summerville High
School - 1965.  He is a very good man who was a loving father figure to his
players.  Football is almost a cult in the Summerville school system.
Coach is 88 - it is time fro him to retire.  I do believe it will be the
end of him...football is his life.

We have attended only a few games since graduating and those were in the
first 10 years.  I did not say anything in the Pub because I am aware that
so many are horrified by football, and yes, as I am now also.  I did not
want to offend any sensibilities.  I have wondered in the last few years if
football is on the way out as a sport.  It is so dangerous.

Thanks,
Ginga