[Magdalen] Church vacancy

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 15:29:56 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/18/2015 11:08:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

On Thu,  Jun 18, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Cantor03--- via  Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> (classic  redundancy: Are there
> palms elsewhere - on the feet, or on the  nose?)

I'm sure it was all explained in the handwriting on the wall.  >>>>>>

Don't get me started on the popular contemporary hymn, "On
Eagles Wings" with the phrase, "and hold you in the palms of
His hands".

It's odd how the idiosyncrasies are remembered about teachers more
than their subject matter.  The "palm tirade" came by way of an  anatomy
professor in medical school, Dr. Geist (usually referred to by the  students
as "the Heilige Geist" - the Holy Ghost) would go into a tantrum over  such
anatomic redundancies.  I can tell you little about what anatomy he  taught.
His other talent was to imitate perfectly the festinating gait of
Parkinson's
Disease.  (Yes.  I still use the possessive).  That was  unforgettable.

Then there was the bacteriology professor who had a thing about  spelling
words with "ph" correctly, such as "diphtheria" and "ophthalmology".

David Strang.