[Magdalen] Anglican Evangelicals.

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 09:44:16 UTC 2015

David

There are three pillars of Anglianism, Scripture, Tradition and  reason

As Anglican Communion bases it doctrines on the teachings of  the Bible
both Old and New Testament, Evangelicals stress this more than  the other two.

So I am surprised that members of the list find us heretical, as
Anglicanism's doctrines are based on the Bible.

As someone who is happy with  Reformed theology,I was wondering why  you
consider it to be  heretical as it is based solely on Scripture.  (Sola
Scriptura).

As for lay presidency, I believe in Sydney a priest has to be present
still. But where in Scripture is lay presidency forbidden? After all do you
believe in the priesthood of all believers - if so where in Scripture is lay
presidency forbidden?

Blessings
Martin