[Magdalen] Anglican Evangelicals.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jun 20 13:43:17 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/20/2015 8:21:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

Or as  Don Perschall remarked (as Bishop of a post WO Schismatic group in
TEC),
"I'm Bishop for 33 parishes, all of whom oppose Women's Ordination, but
other
than that, can not even agree on the time of  day.">>>>

I sang for the convocation of the Anglican Use Roman Catholics about
5 years ago when they met in Scranton.  There was a large  assortment
of clergy and laity alike from most of the "Continuing" Anglican  groups,
as well as AU RC's.

I knew quite a number of these people, and it struck me that you had
a large number of bachelor clergy unified by their dislike of the OW, and
the
laity who were unified by their dislike of the ordination of GLBT's,
especially the Consecration of +Robinson.

What strange bedfellows various conservative social issues make!

David Strang.......Overheard in an elevator at the local VAMC.
Conversation
                          among  three Roman Catholic staff members about
the AU:
                          Roman  Catholics:  That's all
                          we  need in the Diocese (RC) of Scranton, another
bunch
                           of women and gay haters!"