[Magdalen] This, also, is South Carolina

H Angus hangus at ctcn.net
Sat Jun 20 16:36:03 UTC 2015

This was a wonderful article (though I may take exception to a couple statements of hers), and so very true. I watched the bond hearing, and I watched as CNN, to its credit, devoted an hour at least to just hanging around outside Emanuel Church with the crowds of mourners and talking to various people.

I have to admit I was at first a bit shocked at the singing and dancing at the church, because that isn't how we wasps generally do things. But as the people spoke, I realized that we wasps really do do things the same way, only with our big receptions after the funerals. It is a celebrations of life and of community.

I copied this from one of the comments on the Noonan story:

>>I'm not sure if this has been posted, but you can support the community by donating to the Mother Emanuel hope fund. This city’s fund will provide direct financial support for the funeral and burial expenses of the nine victims of the senseless tragedy. Any funds remaining after the funeral and burial expenses are paid will be donated directly to the Emanuel AME Church for use as determined by its governance board. Donations to this fund are not tax-deductible. These denotations can be made in one of three ways ….

1. By sending a check to
Mother Emanuel Hope Fund
c/o City of Charleston
Post Office Box 304
Charleston, SC 29402

2. By stopping by any Wells Fargo Bank nationwide and making a donation to the Fund.

3. Texting 'prayforcharleston' to 843-606-5995 or go to http://www.bidr.co/prayforcharleston.