[Magdalen] Please Pray - Shooting in Charleston, SC church

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 14:47:49 UTC 2015

Ginga mentioned, previously, the good hearts of the people of SC and of
Charleston. Well, I'm watching CNN and outside First Emanuel Church is a
huge crowd of people that came together to take a stand against calling
evil good, and to show love and solidarity to the grieving. Most of them
are white...So Ginga, I get what you were saying and it's so good to see
this.

I was just channel spinning, when a familiar song caught my attention, "How
Great is our God", a contemporary song by Chris Tomlin that I personally
like, and which seems to cross cultural boundaries rather well. It was part
of the worship in First Emanuel at this significant service.

So from the tragico-pathetic actions of a miserable "lone wolf", it seems a
great deal of good can come...let us pray that it transcends the emotion of
the moment and feeds into something widespread and sustained.

The sweet spirit of our sister Capers could be dancing with joy to see
this, in the city she loved.

Sally D