[Magdalen] Anglican Evangelicals.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 21 16:44:37 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>I knew quite a number of these people, and it struck me that you had
>a large number of bachelor clergy unified by their dislike of the OW, and

Having known some of the anti-OW bachelor clergy to be gay in various stages of
closetdom. I've always considered much of the NGA clergy to be a remnant of the
"Men in Dresses on Sunday Morning" element, that was once particularly (but not
exclusively!) found in High Church (read: Liturgy Produced by Cecil B Demille
Choreographed by Busby Berkeley with book by Adrian Fortescue (and admitting I
was once enchanted with that approach <g>).

>the
>laity who were unified by their dislike of the ordination of GLBT's,
>especially the Consecration of +Robinson.

And in any case, I should say, "If they only knew . . ."

Cheers,
Jim