[Magdalen] Fwd: Night Lull.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 21 18:20:49 UTC 2015

I'm glad you made that "correction"  My grandfather was a fireman for the
CNW from 1910 until he retired in 1940 at the age of 70.  He always
received his BARE checks which is why I am not surprised at the IRS
statement of Social Security OR Railroad Retirement. At his death his
remains were transported  to Stillwater courtesy of the railroad. The
paternal grandparents are buried in St Michael's Cemetery. I still get
confused. There were 2 churches: St Michael's and St. Joseph's one was the
French church the other was not. I don't know which closed, but I have seen
the records for his death. Unfortunately they weren't too accurate with
their marriage records. I think the church confused my father Ernest with
his brother Eugene.  My father married my mother in Chicago in 1930 and not
someone else in Stillwater in 1936. I mentioned it to him meaning to
comment on the inaccuracies, but he immediately demurred, "I've always been
married to your mother."

The suburban CNW, before being taken over by the local system stopped. in
Arlington Hts and the Milwaukee Rd stopped in Glenview. I'd often take the
train home from my organ lessons in the 60's The Milwaukee Rd stopped next
door to the Seminary, but I would often take the other route in deference
to my grandfather when going to my parents house.

Joe
Joe