[Magdalen] Scranton

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 03:52:05 UTC 2015

beauty is not quantifiable.  If a scene is awesome, it is unhelpful to say,
"That's nice.  But it's nothing. Have you seen what's in MY backyard?" (And
you built it during what year?) I will definitely look forward to getting a
trip in to enjoy those Ozarks. That is another place that I've heard is
well worth the trip. I am a bit embarrassed to say that even though I've
lived in the Empire State for well over thirty years (YIKES! It's been
forty years), I have not gotten to the Adirondacks
<http://apa.ny.gov/about_park/>.

Could we enjoy the beauty and let go of the need to compare?  I drive up 9G
quite frequently and get a view across the Hudson tidal estuary to look at
the Catskills.  Viewed from such a distance, they are awesome, and they
change with the seasons. On certain days, you can see, high on the mountain
slopes, the gouge lines where the glaciers cut through.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford