[Magdalen] Haley of South Carolina Calls for Removal of Confederate Battle Flag - The New York Times

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 04:31:06 UTC 2015

This reminds me of a story I heard one night driving home from prison
listening to Short subjects on NPR.

The short Story "The Appropriation of Cultures," by master writer Percival
Everett.

It made me laugh and cry, and as I re-remembered it in the days after, it
reached deep into my soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdSy7LOwzHQ

You can read this and other short stories of Everett in the collection, "Damned
if I Do
<http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=everett%2C+percival&sts=t>".
  If you do, don't miss "the Fixer."

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford