[Magdalen] Please Pray - Shooting in Charleston, SC church

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:53:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> His sermon was riddled with theological novelties and it went from
> bad to worse.  I was in the choir, and therefore my departure  was
> quite public, though most assumed I simply needed to use the rest
> room!

I wanted to leave when the guest celebrant at my maternal
grandparents' RC parish in Milwaukee told us that the worst thing
about abortion is that some of those unborn babies could have been
priests (and hence abortion is one of the causes of the priest
shortage). Even my dad, who normally didn't talk much about church or
theology, said afterward that the sermon was a real stinker.

Some preachers need to step back and get some perspective on what
they're saying before they say it. Or have someone hear it in private
and have a chance to slap the preacher before it's too late.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA